Re: Reg the next LTS kernel (6.1?)

From: Conor Dooley
Date: Wed Jan 11 2023 - 03:15:56 EST

Hey Greg,

You didn't ask me specifically, but if it helps...

On Sat, Dec 17, 2022 at 02:18:30PM +0100, Greg KH wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2022 at 06:32:48PM +0530, Kaiwan N Billimoria wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Any update on 6.1 being set as the next LTS release?
>
> You tell me please. How has your testing gone for 6.1 so far?
> Does it work properly for you?

AFIACT, it does. We had some issues, but they've since been resolved.

> Are you and/or your company willing to test out
> the -rc releases and provide feedback if it works or not for your
> systems?

Already do! Although so far I've just been reporting breakages rather
than providing tested-bys.

> Do you have problems with 6.1.y vs. older kernels?

Nope, anything that needed fixing that was on my radar has already made
it into 6.1.y.

> Is there
> anything missing in it that you feel needs to be addressed with a newer
> kernel instead?

Anything missing on the RISC-V side of things, that we would want, is
still a work in progress for kernels later than 6.2 anyway.

Hope that helps,
Conor.