Re: Wake-up from suspend to RAM broken under `retbleed=stuff`

From: Joan Bruguera
Date: Sun Jan 08 2023 - 17:27:47 EST

I can also reproduce it on my Ryzen 5700G (both real and QEMU+KVM).
So it doesn't appear to be Intel or AMD specific.

Perhaps your BIOS/UEFI keeps the value of %gs or it points somewhere
valid after waking from suspend to RAM, and the ones I have don't?
That's a way I can imagine it not crashing on some HW.
If that's the case, you should still be able to reproduce it on QEMU.

Or it's also possible that the QEMU issue is different from the one on
real HW (though unlikely, I think)