Re: [REGRESSION] Wi-Fi fails to work on BCM4364B2 chips since kernel 6.1

From: Hector Martin
Date: Mon Jan 02 2023 - 04:13:56 EST

On 2023/01/02 17:57, Aditya Garg wrote:

>> You are using a downstream patched tree, specifically one with further
>> Broadcom patches not yet upstream from my Asahi Linux tree and probably
>> others.
>>
>> Please do not spam upstream developers with issues from downstream
>> trees. If you have an issue with my tree, you can report it on GitHub.
>> If you are using another tree, report it to its maintainer. If you can
>> reproduce this with *vanilla* 6.1 then you can report it upstream.
>>
>> - Hector
>
> I am sorry for the same Hector, but I sent that cause bcm4364 wifi chip is already supported upstream. If I ain't wrong, don't the Asahi Linux patches provide OTP support only for these chips?

There are a pile of Broadcom patches in our tree and there is no way to
eliminate them as the cause a priori. If you think this regressed
upstream, then test it with upstream Linux 6.1 and find out.

As I mentioned to you on Discord previously, please bisect this to a
specific commit so we can do something about it. I don't have the
hardware and there's nothing I can do with a "the firmware is crashing
now" report until you at least tell me what commit caused the problem so
I can take a stab at identifying the root cause.

- Hector