Re: [BUG] blacklist: Problem blacklisting hash (-13) during boot

From: Mickaël Salaün
Date: Fri Nov 04 2022 - 13:04:04 EST

Hi,

Thanks for this report. These error messages seem correct but I don't see any legitimate reason for the firmware to store duplicate blacklisted hashes.

According to the blacklist_init() function, the "blacklisting failed" message could be improved to explain that only a set of hashes failed, and why they failed. However, despite this message, this should work as expected and should not generate any issue.

Did you contact Lenovo to report this issue (i.e. duplicate hashes in their firmware)?

Could you please provide the list of duplicate hashes?

Regards,
Mickaël