Re: Linux 6.0-rc4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Sep 10 2022 - 13:45:17 EST

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 8:56 AM Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Revert "scsi: core: Make sure that targets outlive devices"
> Revert "scsi: core: Make sure that hosts outlive targets"
> Revert "scsi: core: Simplify LLD module reference counting"
> Revert "scsi: core: Call blk_mq_free_tag_set() earlier"
> revert f323896fe6fa
> revert 1a9283782df2
> revert fe442604199e
> revert 16728aaba62e
> Rationale:
> The series may result in hung tasks on reboot when booting from USB drive.

This should be in my tree as of yesterday evening thanks to the SCSI
fixes merge.

> Revert "fec: Restart PPS after link state change"
> revert f79959220fa5
> Rationale:
> The patch results in various tracebacks and crashes.

Hmm. No revert, but does commit b353b241f1eb ("net: fec: Use a
spinlock to guard `fep->ptp_clk_on`") fix it?

Or do other issues still remain?

> Apply "amba: Fix use-after-free in amba_read_periphid()"
> Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20220818172852.3548-1-isaacmanjarres@xxxxxxxxxx

.. and this should have gotten fixed with the ARM merge on Tuesday,
which got that patch as commit 25af7406df59.

Linus