Re: USB DAC broken since commit bf6313a0ff766925462e97b4e733d5952de02367 (5.10.0-rc5)

From: Lennert Van Alboom
Date: Thu Aug 25 2022 - 16:52:14 EST

------- Original Message -------
On Thursday, August 25th, 2022 at 12:58, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are lots of workarounds for the buggy USB audio firmware, and
> the latest kernel allows to enable the quirks via quirk_flags module
> option of snd-usb-audio driver. See
> Documentation/sound/alsa-configuration.rst.
> You can try the bit 16 at first, for example.
>

> Takashi

Thanks. I tried fiddling around with it for a bit but so far limited success. I wasn't sure about the arguments or counting order of quirk_flags (some tidbits show it as hex, others as an array of booleans (?)) so tried a few different things. I have no other USB audio devices so didn't see a need to specify vendor or product ID while testing.

# modprobe snd_usb_audio quirk_flags=0x10000
# modprobe snd_usb_audio quirk_flags=0x1
# modprobe snd_usb_audio quirk_flags=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1

No success with any, so far. Is there a way to make the process more verbose? I can see from the lights on the DAC that the initialisation works differently if I mess with the different quirks but that's not visible in syslog or outcome.

Thanks,

Lennert