Re: upstream kernel crashes

From: Andres Freund
Date: Wed Aug 17 2022 - 21:08:36 EST

Hi,

On 2022-08-17 10:12:18 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 2:26 PM Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > syscaller reports lots of crashes with the mainline kernel. The latest
> > I have seen, based on the current ToT, is attached. Backtraces are not
> > always the same, but this one is typical.
>
> Ok, I just pushed out the pull of the virtio fixes, so hopefully this
> is all behind us.

FWIW, my much smaller automation turned green, building 274a2eebf80c
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6357530606567424?logs=build_image#L3814
previously it failed to come back up after a reboot at that point.

And the first run of postgres' tests using that newly built image also passed,
so I'm reasonably confident that the issue is fixed, rather than made less
common. Not that that is as likely to find problems as syscaller.

Greetings,

Andres Freund