Re: [V3 1/7] remoteproc: qcom: pas: Add decrypt shutdown support for modem

From: Sibi Sankar
Date: Thu Jul 07 2022 - 06:59:40 EST

Hey Konrad,
Thanks for taking time to review the series.

On 7/6/22 6:08 PM, Konrad Dybcio wrote:

On 5.07.2022 14:08, Sibi Sankar wrote:
The initial shutdown request to modem on SM8450 SoCs would start the
decryption process and will keep returning errors until the modem shutdown
is complete. Fix this by retrying shutdowns in fixed intervals.

I'm sorry, but this message seems a bit cryptic to me.. What
is being decrypted? How is it related to the shutdown sequence?
Why does it need to finish first?

I was told some portions of the modem logs in secured modem regions
needs decryption and this needs to be completed before minidump/coredump
are collected.

-Sibi

Konrad

[snipped the rest]