Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Cezary Rojewski
Date: Wed Jul 06 2022 - 08:20:54 EST

On 2022-07-06 2:09 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
On Wed, Jul 06, 2022 at 11:55:29AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

After merging the sound-asoc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

Which toolchain do you use? I've been using GCC 10 since it seems to be
what Linus is using, anything else I try has tended to get spurious
failures in from his tree.

Issue has been revealed by the yesterday's fix [1] - there was a spelling error on my side in the most recent (and integrated) version of i2s_test machine driver. As my CI was 1-rebase behind the schedule, we did not notice.

As mentioned by Amadeo, fix has already been provided [2]. Sorry for any trouble caused by that issue.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/alsa-devel/20220705103238.7484-1-lukas.bulwahn@xxxxxxxxx/
[2]: https://lore.kernel.org/alsa-devel/20220706062952.251704-1-cezary.rojewski@xxxxxxxxx/T/#u

Regards,
Czarek