Re: equalizer cfg in max98088 driver

From: Mark Brown
Date: Tue Jul 05 2022 - 07:18:17 EST

On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 09:55:00AM +0200, Tommaso Merciai wrote:

> Just a question. Can you explain me the proper way to configure eq1 and
> eq2 of max98089 using sound/soc/codecs/max98088.c driver?
> Could be a valid solution fetching eq1, eq2 bands params from dts?

There's plenty of examples of equalisers in the code already. I don't
know how this specific device works but generally these are either
exposed as a series of volume like sliders or as binary controls. This
doesn't restrict people to settings from the firmware, making
development of new configuraitons much easier.