Re: [bug report from blktests nvme/032] WARNING: possible circular locking dependency detected

From: Shinichiro Kawasaki
Date: Mon Jul 04 2022 - 20:48:20 EST

On Jun 27, 2022 / 23:18, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 08:12:51AM +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> > Ah, so it's a fake PCI device, or is it a real one?
>
> Whatever the blktests configuration points to. But even if it is
> "fake" that fake would come from the hypervisor.

FYI, the WARN was observed with real PCI NVMe device also. I observed the WARN
with v5.19-rc1 and still observe with v5.19-rc5. I'm not sure which version
introduced the WARN.

I once reported this failure, and shared with linux-pci list.

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-block/20220614010907.bvbrgbz7nnvpnw5w@shindev/

--
Shin'ichiro Kawasaki