Re: PROBLEM: with daemon.c after y2038 on 32-bits Kernel

From: Arnaud Panaïotis
Date: Tue May 31 2022 - 09:24:50 EST

On 31/05/2022 15:02, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
The 05/31/2022 14:16, Arnaud Panaïotis via Libc-alpha wrote:
If I'm reading this correctly, daemon() internally uses the time32
version of 'stat', which fails for files with out-of-range timestamps.
Are you able to rebuild the ssh binary (or your entire distro, if that's
easier) against musl-1.2.x instead of glibc to see if the same thing
happens there?
Musl did not worked previously for me, not sure for openssh only within
Buildroot.
did you have a specific issue with musl?

it is supposed to work with buildroot and
has 64bit time_t support out of the box.

Not really, I'm working on an existing project that was developed before
with Glibc. If I remember correctly some packages used by the project
did not build with musl (even with the previous version of Kernel).

The purpose of my mission was to analyze how to pass y2038 on embedded
devices (2 Linux and 1 Windows), now is to build the solution.

Upgrading Glibc and Buildroot were easier than switching to musl due
what was done before. I probably would have to change many elements
(packages, init scripts...) if I'd switched to musl.

Now both y2038 Linux works with glibc, this subject is the third I
raised (mysqld solved by a patch I made, cp binutils with issue from
fchmodat (bug 29097)).