Re: RFC: Memory Tiering Kernel Interfaces (v3)

From: Aneesh Kumar K V
Date: Fri May 27 2022 - 09:41:56 EST

On 5/27/22 2:52 AM, Wei Xu wrote:

The order of memory tiers is determined by their rank values, not by
their memtier device names.

- /sys/devices/system/memtier/possible

Format: ordered list of "memtier(rank)"
Example: 0(64), 1(128), 2(192)

Read-only. When read, list all available memory tiers and their
associated ranks, ordered by the rank values (from the highest
tier to the lowest tier).

Did we discuss the need for this? I haven't done this in the patch series I sent across. We do have /sys/devices/system/memtier/default_rank which should allow user to identify the default rank to which memory would get added via hotplug if the NUMA node is not part of any memory tier.

-aneesh