Re: [GIT PULL] first round of SCSI updates for the 5.18+ merge window

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed May 25 2022 - 22:18:04 EST

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 7:38 PM James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Max Gurtovoy (3):
> scsi: target: iscsi: Rename iscsi_session to iscsit_session
> scsi: target: iscsi: Rename iscsi_conn to iscsit_conn
> scsi: target: iscsi: Rename iscsi_cmd to iscsit_cmd

People, there really isn't some incredible drought of letters in the
world. It's ok to write out "target" instead of just "t".

Done is done, and renaming things further is probably not worth it,
but when the commit talks about "more readable code" I really don't
know if "struct iscsit_session" and friends is conducive to "more
readable". It looks more like line noise.

Yeah, it's less typing, and maybe "struct iscsi_target_session" would
have been too long. But still, I had to do a double-take when looking
at the diff, and aside from it being line noise, having a structure
name that differs by just one character in the middle between target
and initiator feels like mistake.

Anyway, pulled despite what feels like an oddity.

Linus