Re: [GIT PULL for v5.18-rc1] media updates

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Wed May 25 2022 - 06:46:44 EST

On 25. 05. 22, 11:10, Sean Young wrote:
On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 10:09:38AM +0200, Jiri Slaby wrote:
I don't understand how inability to build software is not an uapi breakage
-- care to elaborate?

So here is a good compromise suggested by Mauro.

1. We add the following to the lirc.h uapi header.

#define LIRC_CAN_NOTIFY_DECODE 0
#define LIRC_CAN_SET_REC_FILTER 0

The code would do "if (x & 0)" or alike, so I'm not sure this won't result in a warning. But as soon as that thing compiles, I don't really care much. If it produces no warning, in fact, the code could be optimized away out thanks to "& 0".

Just looked up those defs in the debian code search, only lirc and v4l-utils care about the defines. ANd the latter seems to define their own copies.

2. Since lirc daemon is unmaintained, I am happy to take on maintainership.

This may require forking, depending on what the maintainer says.

How does that sound?

Great.

thanks,
--