Re: [GIT PULL] MMC updates for v5.19

From: Ulf Hansson
Date: Wed May 25 2022 - 03:19:46 EST

On Wed, 25 May 2022 at 00:00, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 5:18 AM Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ulfh/mmc.git tags/mmc-v5.19
>
> Please stop doing the horrible undocumented merges.
>
> You have three merge commits that have *no* documentation. They say
> "Merge branch 'fixes' into next", and that's it.

My bad, I have simply forgotten about them lately. Earlier I was more
often doing a re-base of my next branch against some later rc, which
makes the merges to disappear from the history.

> If you can't be bothered to explain why and what a merge does, then
> just don't do it.
>
> It really is that simple.
>
> I've pulled this, but I really want to stop seeing bad merges.

Thanks, I will make sure this doesn't happen again, sorry for the inconvenience.

> Linus

Kind regards
Uffe