Re: [PROBLEM] nbd requests become stuck when devices watched by inotify emit udev uevent changes

From: yukuai (C)
Date: Mon May 16 2022 - 08:54:09 EST

在 2022/05/16 20:17, Josef Bacik 写道:

Hi, Josef

This seems to try to fix the same problem that I described here:

nbd: fix io hung while disconnecting device
https://lists.debian.org/nbd/2022/04/msg00207.html

There are still some io that are stuck, which means the devcie is
probably still opened. Thus nbd_config_put() can't reach here.
I'm afraid this patch can't fix the io hung.

Matthew, can you try a test with this patch together with my patch below
to comfirm my thought?

nbd: don't clear 'NBD_CMD_INFLIGHT' flag if request is not completed
https://lists.debian.org/nbd/2022/04/msg00212.html.

Re-submit this one, but fix it so we just test the bit to see if we need to skip
it, and change it so we only CLEAR when we're sure we're going to complete the
request. Thanks,

Ok, thanks for your advice. I'll send a new version.

BTW, do you have any suggestions on other patches of the patchset?

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220426130746.885140-1-yukuai3@xxxxxxxxxx/

Thanks,
Kuai

Josef