Re: [GIT PULL] s390 updates for 5.18-rc6

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Thu May 05 2022 - 08:46:36 EST

On 5/5/22 14:39, Heiko Carstens wrote:
Hi Linus,

please pull s390 updates for 5.18-rc6. Please note that this pull
request includes two s390 specific kvm commits, which normally would
have been routed via the kvm tree.

Due to lack of other patches in the kvm tree Christian Borntraeger
asked to get them upstream via the s390 tree:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-s390/249d0100-fa58-bf48-b1d2-f28e94c3a5f2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Needless to say, kvm patches have since materialized and I'll send a pull request later this week.

But anyway s390 is the architecture where I expect zero issues if KVM patches go in through arch maintainers. Compared to other architectures, there are a lot more points of contact between KVM and the rest of arch/s390; you know the KVM code well; and honestly the whole architecture is mostly Amharic to me when it comes to the privileged interface.

Thanks,

Paolo