RE: [RFC v2 25/39] pcmcia: add HAS_IOPORT dependencies

From: Maciej W. Rozycki
Date: Thu May 05 2022 - 08:03:28 EST

On Wed, 4 May 2022, David Laight wrote:

> I think you can find cardbus cards that have a pci bridge and a cable
> link to an expansion chassis into which you can insert standard PCI cards.
> If you are really lucky the initial enumeration allocates the
> 'high field' bus numbers, io addresses and plenty of memory
> space to the bridge - otherwise you lose.

No need to rely on luck as (given that no single size fits all) we have
the `hpbussize', `hpiosize', `hpmemsize', `hpmmioprefsize', `hpmmiosize',
options to the `pci=...' kernel parameter for people to tune the settings
according to their needs. I don't have such a CardBus option, but I do
have a couple of such ExpressCard devices, and mixed PCIe/PCI expansion
backplanes for them.

Maciej