Re: [linux-stable-rc:queue/5.4 7091/9999] drivers/staging/comedi/drivers/comedi_isadma.c:25:17: error: implicit declaration of function 'claim_dma_lock'

From: Greg Ungerer
Date: Thu Apr 14 2022 - 21:10:20 EST

On 15/4/22 01:59, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 4:16 PM Greg Ungerer <gerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 13/4/22 18:54, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 1:07 AM kernel test robot <lkp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg (Ungerer), do you see any of these that are used on Coldfire?
I can rule out most of them, but there are a few that are unclear to me.

I think the cs89x0 driver may have been used on at least one platform
in the past. But nothing that is currently supported in mainline code.
So we can safely assume none of these are required for ColdFire platforms.

Ok, so even if this driver is used on coldfire, it only uses the ISA DMA
code path for actual ISA devices, not for the platform device code on
non-PC systems.

I think we can just remove arch/m68k/coldfire/dma.c and most of
arch/m68k/include/asm/dma.h then after dropping CONFIG_ISA_DMA_API,
leaving only the bits needed for CONFIG_GENERIC_ISA_DMA on Q40
and AMIGA.

Yep, I think that is a good plan.

Regards
Greg