Re: refactor the i915 GVT support and move to the modern mdev API v3

From: Jani Nikula
Date: Thu Apr 14 2022 - 10:41:05 EST

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022, Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 12:20:42PM +0000, Wang, Zhi A wrote:

>> > There are alot of extra commits on there - is it possible to base this
>> > straight on rc1 not on some kind of existing DRM tree?
>> >
>> > Why did you choose drm/i915/fbc: Call intel_fbc_activate() directly
>> > from frontbuffer flush as a base?
>> >
>> > Jason
>> >

>> Hi Jason:
>>
>> I updated the branch. You can check if those are what you are expecting. :)
>
> This is better, except for the first commit:
>
> [DON'T PULL] drm/i915/dmc: split out dmc registers to a separate file
> THIS PATCH WILL GO THROUGH DRM-INTEL-NEXT TO UPSTREAM
>
> Clean up the massive i915_reg.h a bit with this isolated set of
> registers.
>
> v2: Remove stale comment (Lucas)
>
> Clean the commit message and send that as a proper PR to
> drm-intel-next, then everything else is OK.

It's already in drm-intel-next, I guess the problem is basing the branch
on something that doesn't have it. I'd probably just base everything
cleanly on -rc1, and whoever does the merge between the two will need to
account for the missing include in the result. It's just adding one line
in the right place.

BR,
Jani.

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center