Re: Linux regressions report for mainline [2022-03-06]

From: Rob Herring
Date: Mon Mar 07 2022 - 08:35:14 EST

On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 1:32 AM Thorsten Leemhuis
<regressions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 06.03.22 22:33, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 6, 2022 at 11:58 AM Regzbot (on behalf of Thorsten
> > Leemhuis) <regressions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> ========================================================
> >> current cycle (v5.16.. aka v5.17-rc), culprit identified
> >> ========================================================
> >>
> >> Follow-up error for the commit fixing "PCIe regression on APM Merlin (aarch64 dev platform) preventing NVME initialization"
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/regzbot/regression/Yf2wTLjmcRj+AbDv@xps13.dannf/
> >> https://lore.kernel.org/stable/Yf2wTLjmcRj%2BAbDv@xps13.dannf/
> >>
> >> By dann frazier, 29 days ago; 7 activities, latest 23 days ago; poked 13 days ago.
> >> Introduced in c7a75d07827a (v5.17-rc1)

Actually, it was introduced over a year ago in 6dce5aa59e0b. It was
fixed in c7a75d07827a for XGene2, but that *further* broke XGene1
which was just reported this cycle.

> > Hmm. The culprit may be identified, but it looks like we don't have a
> > fix for it, so this may be one of those "left for later" things. It
> > being Xgene, there's a limited number of people who care, I'm afraid.
> >
> > Alternatively, maybe 6dce5aa59e0b ("PCI: xgene: Use inbound resources
> > for setup") should just be reverted as broken?
>
> I don't care much, I just hope someone once again will look into this,
> as this (and the previous) regression are on my list for quite a while
> already and process once again seems to have slowed down. :-/

It's going to take some more debug patches from me as what's been
tried so far didn't work and I'm not ready to give up and revert this
cleanup.

Rob