Re: ftrace bug

From: Arend van Spriel
Date: Mon Mar 07 2022 - 07:00:33 EST

On 3/7/2022 12:26 PM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
Hi Steven,

I wanted to use FTRACE on an ARM platform and I hit the following warning which results in ftrace bug. This happens upon loading a module. Looking up the warning I suspect the branch target is too far off. The module is quite large and therefor not loaded in the modules section. Is there a way to exclude a module. In ftrace_module_init I see a check for !mod->num_ftrace_callsites. Is there a way to avoid creating ftrace callsites in a module?

Could it be accomplished by this?

CFLAGS_REMOVE_lockdep.o = $(CC_FLAGS_FTRACE)

Regards,
Arend