Re: Linux regressions report for mainline [2022-03-06]

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Mar 06 2022 - 16:33:36 EST

On Sun, Mar 6, 2022 at 11:58 AM Regzbot (on behalf of Thorsten
Leemhuis) <regressions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> current cycle (v5.16.. aka v5.17-rc), culprit identified
>
> Follow-up error for the commit fixing "PCIe regression on APM Merlin (aarch64 dev platform) preventing NVME initialization"
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/regzbot/regression/Yf2wTLjmcRj+AbDv@xps13.dannf/
> https://lore.kernel.org/stable/Yf2wTLjmcRj%2BAbDv@xps13.dannf/
>
> By dann frazier, 29 days ago; 7 activities, latest 23 days ago; poked 13 days ago.
> Introduced in c7a75d07827a (v5.17-rc1)

Hmm. The culprit may be identified, but it looks like we don't have a
fix for it, so this may be one of those "left for later" things. It
being Xgene, there's a limited number of people who care, I'm afraid.

Alternatively, maybe 6dce5aa59e0b ("PCI: xgene: Use inbound resources
for setup") should just be reverted as broken?

> current cycle (v5.16.. aka v5.17-rc), unknown culprit
>

> net: bluetooth: qualcom and intel adapters, unable to reliably connect to bluetooth devices
> https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/regzbot/regression/CAJCQCtSeUtHCgsHXLGrSTWKmyjaQDbDNpP4rb0i+RE+L2FTXSA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-bluetooth/CAJCQCtSeUtHCgsHXLGrSTWKmyjaQDbDNpP4rb0i%2BRE%2BL2FTXSA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
>
> By Chris Murphy, 23 days ago; 47 activities, latest 3 days ago.
> Introduced in v5.16..f1baf68e1383 (v5.16..v5.17-rc4)
>
> Fix incoming:
> * https://lore.kernel.org/regressions/1686eb5f-7484-8ec2-8564-84fe04bf6a70@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

That's a recent fix, it seems to be only in the bluetooth tree right
now, and won't be in rc7. I'm hoping that I'll get it in next week's
networking dump.

Cc'ing the right people just to prod them, since we've had much too
many "Oh, I didn't even realize it was a regression" issues this time
around.

Linus