Re: [RFC 00/10] add support for fwnode in i2c mux system and sfp

From: Mark Brown
Date: Thu Mar 03 2022 - 07:26:14 EST

On Thu, Mar 03, 2022 at 09:48:40AM +0100, Clément Léger wrote:

> Instead of making it specific for swnode, could we make it instead non
> working for acpi nodes ? Thus, the parsing would work only for swnode
> and device_node, not allowing to use the fwnode support with acpi for
> such subsystems (not talking about regulators here).

*Potentially*. I'd need to see the code, it doesn't fill me with great
joy and there are disadvantages in terms of input validation but that
does address the main issue and perhaps the implementation would be
nicer than I'm immediately imagining.

> If switching to board file based mechanism, this means that all drivers
> that are used by the PCIe card will have to be modified to support this
> mechanism.

You should be able to mix the use of board file regulator descriptions
with other descriptions for other bits of the hardware.