Problem: Bluetooth stops connecting to paired devices after commit 6a98e3836fa207

From: Eric B Munson
Date: Wed Mar 02 2022 - 14:43:11 EST

Hi,

When testing the latest upstream this morning, my bluetooth mouse
stopped working. Further inspection showed that my laptop is failing to
connect, but I didn't see anything relevant in dmesg, the driver seemed
to load firmware and intialize fine.

A bisect turned up commit 6a98e3836fa207 as the first bad one, but
unfortunately there was another problem discovered during the bisect
where my bluetooth radio failed to come up at all.

I am using a 5 year old Lenovo X1 carbon which is using the Intel
Wireless 8265 / 8275 card and the btintel driver.

I can easily reproduce, and would be happy to test patches or help
diagnose if I can. Is this a known issue?

Regards,
Eric