[GIT PULL] fscache: Fixes and minor updates for rewrite

From: David Howells
Date: Fri Jan 21 2022 - 16:57:51 EST

Hi Linus,

Could you pull this set of fixes and minor updates for the fscache
rewrite[1] please?

(1) Fix mishandling of volume collisions (the wait condition is inverted
and so it was only waiting if the volume collision was already
resolved).

(2) Fix miscalculation of whether there's space available in cachefiles.

(3) Make sure a default cache name is set on a cache if the user hasn't
set one by the time they bind the cache.

(4) Adjust the way the backing inode is presented in tracepoints, add a
tracepoint for mkdir and trace directory lookup.

(5) Add a tracepoint for failure to set the active file mark.

(6) Add an explanation of the checks made on the backing filesystem.

(7) Check that the backing filesystem supports tmpfile.

(8) Document how the page-release cancellation of the read-skip
optimisation works.

And I've included a change for netfslib:

(9) Make ops->init_rreq() optional.

Note that I dropped the patch that I had to add IS_KERNEL_FILE() as the
naming of S_KERNEL_FILE is undergoing late discussion[2] and I dropped the
patch to rewrite cifs's fscache indexing as SteveF has taken that into his
tree.

Thanks,
David

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/510611.1641942444@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ [1]
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/CAOQ4uxjEcvffv=rNXS-r+NLz+=6yk4abRuX_AMq9v-M4nf_PtA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ [2]
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/164251396932.3435901.344517748027321142.stgit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ # v1
---
The following changes since commit 455e73a07f6e288b0061dfcf4fcf54fa9fe06458:

Merge tag 'clk-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/clk/linux (2022-01-12 17:02:27 -0800)

are available in the Git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dhowells/linux-fs.git tags/fscache-fixes-20220121

for you to fetch changes up to cef0223191452b3c493a1070baad9ffe806babac:

netfs: Make ops->init_rreq() optional (2022-01-21 21:36:28 +0000)

fscache fixes

David Howells (7):
fscache: Fix the volume collision wait condition
cachefiles: Calculate the blockshift in terms of bytes, not pages
cachefiles: Make some tracepoint adjustments
cachefiles: Trace active-mark failure
cachefiles: Explain checks in a comment
cachefiles: Check that the backing filesystem supports tmpfiles
fscache: Add a comment explaining how page-release optimisation works

Jeffle Xu (2):
cachefiles: set default tag name if it's unspecified
netfs: Make ops->init_rreq() optional

fs/cachefiles/cache.c | 17 ++++---
fs/cachefiles/daemon.c | 11 ++++
fs/cachefiles/internal.h | 2 +-