Re: [Bug][5.17-rc0] Between commits daadb3bd0e8d and 455e73a07f6e, the kernel stops loading on my devices.

From: John Stultz
Date: Fri Jan 21 2022 - 16:33:41 EST

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 3:27 AM Heikki Krogerus
<heikki.krogerus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 03:12:10PM +0200, Heikki Krogerus wrote:
> > I can reproduce this one by simply not creating the component list in
> > the code. That function - component_master_add_with_match() - can't
> > handle situation where the list is empty. I'll prepare the fix.
>
> I'm again attaching the proposed fix, just to see if it also gets
> corrupted. Can you test does it fix this issue?
> You need to apply it on top of the previous one.

We've been hitting the null pointer crash from
component_master_add_with_match() regression as well on the hikey960
board.

The patch you attached resolves the issue. It would be great to see it
merged upstream soon!

Tested-by: John Stultz <john.stultz@xxxxxxxxxx>

thanks
-john