Re: PCI: Race condition in pci_create_sysfs_dev_files (can't boot)

From: Krzysztof Hałasa
Date: Fri Jan 21 2022 - 02:15:09 EST

Hi Bjorn, Krzysztof,

Bjorn Helgaas <helgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 10:18:44AM +0200, Krzysztof Hałasa wrote:
>> I'm encountering a problem booting an i.MX6-based device (Gateworks
>> Ventana SBC). This is apparently a known issue:
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/7/16/388

> Hi Krzysztof, is this still an issue?

Well... I'm still using i.MX6 with 5.14 and Krzysiek Wilczyński's "PCI:
Race condition in pci_create_sysfs_dev_files (can't boot)" patch (which
fixes the problem). It seems parts of this patch are now in mainline,
but most of it is still missing. So I guess the problem isn't fixed.

Perhaps because the DEC Alpha part of the patch is not yet ready?
Krzysztof?

> e1d3f3268b0e ("PCI/sysfs: Convert "config" to static attribute") and
> similar patches appeared in v5.13,

Right, but they hadn't fixed the problem. 5.13 was released in June, and
I have started using the patch in August (apparently with pre-5.14
first, then with final 5.14).
--
Krzysztof "Chris" Hałasa

Sieć Badawcza Łukasiewicz
Przemysłowy Instytut Automatyki i Pomiarów PIAP
Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warszawa