Re: Problems with rcutorture on ppc64le: allmodconfig(2) and other failures

From: Paul E. McKenney
Date: Tue Jan 18 2022 - 12:29:10 EST

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 08:56:24AM +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear Zhouyi,
>

> Thank you for your quick response.
>

> Am 18.01.22 um 08:34 schrieb Zhouyi Zhou:
>
> > I have studied the rcu torture test recently. I am also interested in
> > this topic.
> > But I can't open
> > [1]: https://owww.molgen.mpg.de/~pmenzel/allmodconf-Make.out.txt
> > [2]: https://owww.molgen.mpg.de/~pmenzel/rcutorture-log.txt
>
> Sorry, about that. I should have checked those. I had put them into a
> directory:
>
> [1]: https://owww.molgen.mpg.de/~pmenzel/rcutorture/allmodconf-Make.out.txt
> [2]: https://owww.molgen.mpg.de/~pmenzel/rcutorture/rcutorture-log.txt
>
> I am going to try to test your suggestions at the end of the day.

On x86 rcutorture builds successfully. However, allmodconfig
on semi-recent -next got me "Can't open perl script
"./usr/include/headers_check.pl": No such file or directory".
Which might well be a local problem or might well be fixed by now.

Either way, it looks like I need to upgrade the torture.sh script's
checks for failed builds. Thank you for reporting this!

Thanx, Paul