Re: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm tree with the risc-v tree

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Mon Jan 17 2022 - 03:22:16 EST

On 1/17/22 05:13, Anup Patel wrote:
The commit c62a76859723 ("RISC-V: KVM: Add SBI v0.2 base extension")
is already merged in Linus' tree.

Since you are yet to send PR for 5.17, we have two options:
1) Rebase your for-next branch upon latest Linus' tree master branch
2) Send "RISC-V: Use SBI SRST extension when available" in the
next batch of changes for 5.17 after 5.17-rc1

Let me know if you want me to rebase and send v8 patch of
"RISC-V: Use SBI SRST extension when available"

In future, we should coordinate and use a shared tag for such
conflicting changes.

Palmer should just send it to Linus and note "enum sbi_ext_id has a trivial conflict" in the pull request message.

We'll sort it out better in the future, but it's such a minor conflict that it is not even a nuisance.

Paolo