Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the ftrace tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Thu Jan 13 2022 - 22:34:25 EST

Hi Steve,

On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 22:25:39 -0500 Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can't reproduce it, and doing searches on this error, seems that it
> happens "randomly". I haven't found what can cause it yet.

rats :-(

> I don't have a way to build nativly, but if you send me your config, I
> can still try to cross compile it to see if it triggers.

I just use ppc64_defconfig (which may vary depending on what is merged
into my tree at the time). I don't save actual .config files, sorry.

So:

$ make ARCH=powerpc ppc64_defconfig

> Does it fail on anything else?

This is the first build I do after merging each tree, so I don't know
about others. I may be able to do some testing later today (after
linux-next is released).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell