Re: [GIT PULL] x86/cpu for v5.17

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Jan 10 2022 - 15:15:56 EST

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 12:10 PM Dave Hansen <dave.hansen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are four basic options here for TDX:
>
> 1. Paper over the #VE in the #VE handler itself

Ahh, I saw it, but didn't really react to the fact that unlike the
other 'wrmsrl_safe()' cases, it takes #VE instead of #GP.

I do think that perhaps just doing fixup_exception() in the #VE
handler is the most obvious case. It's not like exceptions are meant
to be somehow specific to #GP.

But hey, I don't really care that deeply. I just reacted to this all
looking odd, and I've already done the pull. So it's not like I'm
NAK'ing the whole vendor test, it was just surprising to me.

So I don't want people to feel like they have to do that wrmsrl_safe()
thing, or add a feature flag or anything. I see why it happened now,
and I may think it's a bit odd still, but it's really not a huge deal.

Linus