Re: [RFC 01/32] Kconfig: introduce and depend on LEGACY_PCI

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Mon Dec 27 2021 - 12:49:06 EST

On 12/27/21 8:42 AM, Niklas Schnelle wrote:
Introduce a new LEGACY_PCI Kconfig option which gates support for legacy
PCI devices including those attached to a PCI-to-PCI Express bridge and
PCI Express devices using legacy I/O spaces. Note that this is different
from non PCI uses of I/O ports such as by ACPI.

Add dependencies on LEGACY_PCI for all PCI drivers which only target
legacy PCI devices and ifdef legacy PCI specific functions in ata
handling.

This effectively disables all default configurations which now depend
on CONFIG_LEGACY_PCI. Yet, I don't see CONFIG_LEGACY_PCI added to
configuration files which explicitly enable any of the affected
configurations. Is that on purpose ? If so, I think it should at least
be mentioned in the commit description. However, I think it would be
more appropriate to either delete all affected configuration flags from
the affected configuration files, or to add CONFIG_LEGACY_PCI=y to those
files.

Guenter