Re: linux-next: manual merge of the audit tree with the powerpc tree

From: Cédric Le Goater
Date: Tue Dec 14 2021 - 15:30:19 EST

On 12/14/21 20:32, Christophe Leroy wrote:

Le 14/12/2021 à 19:23, Paul Moore a écrit :
On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 12:59 PM Christophe Leroy
<christophe.leroy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Paul,

I've been trying to setup your test suite on my powerpc board but it's
based on Perl and on a lot of optional Perl packages. I was able to add
them one by one until some of them require some .so libraries
(Pathtools-Cwd), and it seems nothing is made to allow cross building
those libraries.

Do you have another test suite based on C and not perl ?

If not, what can I do, do you know how I can cross compile those Perl
packages for PPC32 ?

Is there no Linux distribution that supports PPC32? I would think
that would be the easiest path forward, but you're the PPC32 expert -
not me - so I'll assume you already tried that or it didn't work for
other reasons.

There hasn't been Linux distribution supporting PPC32 for a few years
now. And regardless, the boards I'm running Linux on are home made
embedded boards, with limited amount of memory and flashdisk space and
no video chip, so they are hardly supported by any distributions, even
older ones.

We still have debian. you will find images under :

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2021-04-17/

and from there, you can update to unstable, which runs fine under
a mac99 QEMU machine.

Cheers,

C.