Re: [RFCv3 0/7] USI stylus support series

From: Tero Kristo
Date: Thu Dec 09 2021 - 02:51:55 EST

Hi Benjamin,

On 08/12/2021 17:30, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
Hi Tero,

On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 5:43 PM Tero Kristo <tero.kristo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Another update here based on received feedback. Main change compared to v2:
If that's OK with you, I'd like to cherry-pick some patches from the
series: 1/7, 2/7 (the version from v4 because I requested changes),
4/7 and a lighter 5/7 where we don't have the MSC events we are still
discussing.

So Ideally, can you post a v4 based on top of hid.git/for-next
(without my hid-bpf changes) with those 4 patches?

Yes, I can post these.

Patch 3 is still up for discussion, and patches 6 and 7 are obviously RFC.

Actually, Patch 3 could be split into a part where you add the HID
usages and a part with the mapping of them. The HID usages part can be
integrated now too, and we'll have the USI mapping that would require
Dmitry's ack in a separate patch.
Ok, I'll take a look at this part also.

But if you prefer having everything in one series, that's fine by me too.

No, I am fine with splitting things up and start getting things integrated.

-Tero

Cheers,
Benjamin

- Dropped patch #5 : HID: core: map USI pen style reports directly
This is not needed anymore, as the same result can be reached by
modifying the flags of the relevant field in rdesc. This is done now
as part of patch #7 in the BPF code.

I also dropped one of the fixes from my test branch [1] as pointed out
by Benjamin, it is not needed if the BPF program is executed with the
modalias link.

Updated test branch can be found from [2].

-Tero

[1]
https://github.com/t-kristo/linux/commit/81b27fd46780ce67c2706d586c0f4a437e87dbf6
(HID: bpf: fix file mapping)