Re: Linux 5.16-rc3

From: Sergio Paracuellos
Date: Mon Nov 29 2021 - 08:43:05 EST

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 12:02 PM Lorenzo Pieralisi
<lorenzo.pieralisi@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 08:17:33PM -0800, Guenter Roeck wrote:

> > > I sent a patch for this a couple of weeks ago and Sergio replied to it
> > > here:
> > >
> > > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-pci/CAMhs-H8TA0S23FjSRKGKeKAWWdUxET6YnivLQoFuy_fSVJOPXw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> > >
> > > saying that is a different patch out there but that it had not
> > > been reviewed yet.
> > >

> > All proposals I have seen assume that PCIE_MT7621=m. As I said, I think
> > that it is pointless to do that because the driver can only be built
> > as module if COMPILE_TEST=y. We should not [have to] export symbols
> > because of that.
>
> Hi Sergio,

Hi Lorenzo,

> can we converge to a fix with this thread background in mind please ?

I have just answered Guenter's mail with my reasoning of the already
proposed patch series fix. Don't worry, I will send any patch if
necessary to fix this but I'd like to know why the current proposal is
not valid since it really looks like the correct thing to do...

Best regards,
Sergio Paracuellos