Re: [rfc, PATCH v1 0/7] PCI: introduce p2sb helper

From: Andy Shevchenko
Date: Fri Nov 26 2021 - 10:48:03 EST

On Mon, Mar 08, 2021 at 02:20:13PM +0200, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> There are a few users and even at least one more is coming
> that would like to utilize p2sb mechanisms like hide/unhide
> a device from PCI configuration space.
>
> Here is the series to deduplicate existing users and provide
> a generic way for new comers.
>
> It also includes a patch to enable GPIO controllers on Apollo Lake
> when it's used with ABL bootloader w/o ACPI support.
>
> Please, comment on the approach and individual patches.
>
> (Since it's cross subsystem, the PCI seems like a main one and
> I think it makes sense to route it thru it with immutable tag
> or branch provided for the others).

TWIMC, after refreshing (a bit) my memories on this thread, I think the roadmap
may look like the following:

1) exporting necessary APIs from PCI core to avoid code dup;
2) moving pci-p2sb.c out from PCI to PDx86 where it seems naturally fit;
3) addressing comments on patches that are not going to change their location /
functionality;
4) adding tags, etc.

Any objections?

Meanwhile I will try to setup a machine with ACPI tables to test the code if
they have not been provided.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko