RE: [RFC 03/20] vfio: Add vfio_[un]register_device()

From: Tian, Kevin
Date: Wed Sep 29 2021 - 01:30:34 EST

You are correct. Currently:

-device, vfio-pci,host=DDDD:BB:DD.F
-device, vfio-pci,sysfdev=/sys/bus/pci/devices/ DDDD:BB:DD.F
-device, vfio-platform,sysdev=/sys/bus/platform/devices/PNP0103:00

above is definitely type/name information to find the related node.

Actually even for Jason's proposal we still need such information to
identify the sysfs path.

Then I feel type-based sub-directory does work. Adding another link
to sysfs sounds unnecessary now. But I'm not sure whether we still
want to create /dev/vfio/devices/vfio0 thing and related udev rule
thing that you pointed out in another mail.

Jason?

Thanks
Kevin