RE: [Intel-wired-lan] Linux 5.15-rc1 - 82599ES VPD access isue

From: Fujinaka, Todd
Date: Tue Sep 14 2021 - 14:28:36 EST

Wow, I'm waiting for the hardware guy to look at this but this is an off-brand 10Gtek NIC from Amazon that just has nonsense data in the VPD as far as I can tell (3's).

I'll let you know if I find out that the critical settings are bad, but I would just ignore any VPD errors.

Todd Fujinaka
Software Application Engineer
Ethernet Products Group
Intel Corporation