Re: [RFC/RFT PATCH 0/2] x86: sgx_vepc: implement ioctl to EREMOVE all pages

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Tue Sep 14 2021 - 06:20:04 EST

On 14/09/21 09:10, Yang Zhong wrote:
On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 09:11:51AM -0400, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
Based on discussions from the previous week(end), this series implements
a ioctl that performs EREMOVE on all pages mapped by a /dev/sgx_vepc
file descriptor. Other possibilities, such as closing and reopening
the device, are racy.

The patches are untested, but I am posting them because they are simple
and so that Yang Zhong can try using them in QEMU.

Paolo, i re-implemented one reset patch in the Qemu side to call this ioctl(),
and did some tests on Windows and Linux guest, the Windows/Linux guest reboot
work well.

So, it is time for me to send this reset patch to Qemu community? or wait for
this kernel patchset merged? thanks!

Let's wait for this patch to be accepted first. I'll wait a little more for Jarkko and Dave to comment on this, and include your "Tested-by".

I will also add cond_resched() on the final submission.

Paolo