Re: [GIT PULL] overflow updates for v5.15-rc1

From: Kees Cook
Date: Mon Sep 06 2021 - 13:19:21 EST

On Mon, Sep 06, 2021 at 12:43:50PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> If you're looking for coverage on this stuff it's also good to check
> with clang as well, it's sufficiently different that it often triggers
> extra stuff [...]

Yup, I tested across multiple GCC and Clang versions, which is
why the failures came as such a surprise. And specifically, these
overflow changes have been designed with Clang in mind (as well as GCC
obviously). (i.e. see the patch[0] in this series, and the last patch[1]
in the coming series.)

-Kees

[0] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20210822075122.864511-17-keescook@xxxxxxxxxxxx/
[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20210818060533.3569517-64-keescook@xxxxxxxxxxxx/