Re: arm scsi drivers

From: John Garry
Date: Fri Aug 27 2021 - 10:51:21 EST

Hi Russell,

Have you had a chance to consider the below?

Thanks

Recently we tried to remove scsi_cmnd.tags struct member [0].

However it now shows that some of the arm SCSI drivers continue to use this [1]. I think any other driver usage of this member had been found and removed.

The impression is that the usage of scsi_cmnd.tag in those drivers is quite dubious.

Now checking [2], it appears that you may have had some patches for these drivers locally.

So is that the case? Is this HW still used with bleeding edge kernels? If so, can we fix up this tag management?

[0] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-scsi/6c83bd7f-9fd2-1b43-627f-615467fa55d4@xxxxxxxxxx/T/#mb47909f38f35837686734369600051b278d124af

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-scsi/6c83bd7f-9fd2-1b43-627f-615467fa55d4@xxxxxxxxxx/T/#md5d786e5753083b2f3e8e761b1c69809f82c7485

[2] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20210109174357.GB1551@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Thanks,