Re: v5.14-rc3-rt1 losing wakeups?

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Fri Jul 30 2021 - 23:34:11 EST

On Sat, 2021-07-31 at 03:03 +0200, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> On Fri, 2021-07-30 at 22:49 +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> >

> > Which graphics driver is in use on that machine?
>
> The all too often problem child nouveau, but I don't _think_ it's
> playing a roll in this, as nomodeset hangs as well.  I'll stuff it into
> lappy (i915) to double check that.

Hm, lappy doesn't seem to want to hang. i915 isn't virgin, it needing
a couple bandaids, but I doubt my grubby fingerprints matter.

The same kernel in a KVM that's essentially a mirror of my desktop box
(as is lappy), running under a stable kernel didn't even get the GUI
fully up before hanging. I was able to login and crash it via virsh,
and as with previous dumps, there's nothing running except the shell
that's me nuking it. All the GUI goop looks rather sleeping beauty
like.. no evil stepmothers in sight, just snoozing away.

-Mike