Re: [RFC v2] MEDIA: Driver for ON Semi AR0521 camera sensor

From: Krzysztof Hałasa
Date: Wed Jun 23 2021 - 00:21:05 EST

Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> To spend time reviewing this code, I want to know it will be mergeable,
> and that requires a SoB line. That's a blocker I'm afraid.

So how do you propose to solve the situation, in which my driver is
rejected, but another persor takes it, makes changes (btw breaking it),
and presents it as their own, and it's accepted? This is a paid work and
I'm required to put in my employer's copyright over the code.
I could have made this error once - but no more.

The code will be mergeable, as I already wrote. Why would I bother
otherwise? But I cannot let that history to repeat itself.
--
Krzysztof Hałasa

Sieć Badawcza Łukasiewicz
Przemysłowy Instytut Automatyki i Pomiarów PIAP
Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warszawa