Re: [net-next: PATCH v2 2/7] net: mdiobus: Introduce fwnode_mdbiobus_register()

From: Andrew Lunn
Date: Thu Jun 17 2021 - 08:59:12 EST

> Actually mvmdio driver is using this fallback for non-dt platforms
> (e.g. Orion). Therefore I would prefer to keep the current behavior.

A quick look at Orion5x, it is now a multi arch MACH. It selects
ARCH_MULTI_V5. Which seems to imply ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM which selects
USE_OF which selects OF.

At least for ARM, i'm not sure you can realistically disable OF.

Having said that acpi_mdiobus_register() also falls back to
mdiobus_register(mdio). So it is symmetric. And
fwmode_mdiobus_register() falling back would keep with the
symmetry. So, O.K.

Andrew