Re: docs: Convert the Speakup guide to rst

From: Didier Spaier
Date: Mon May 31 2021 - 18:48:48 EST

Hello,

On 01/06/2021 00:07, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Mmm, I'm unsure how the result is readable with the speakup screen
reader itself. I have attached the result, could people on the speakup
mailing list check how well it goes? If it significantly degrades
readability, we'll have to reject the move to rst formatting, since in
the end it's people who use the speakup screen reader who need to be
able to read this document.

Samuel

Can we not have two versions? I don't have Sphinx installed (used to format
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/index.html) but converted speakup.rst to
html5 using rst2html5.py and indeed the output is way better looking and easier
to navigate than the txt version.

And anyway can we just provide a link to the web page that will be built
from the rst file? I think it should be accessible in graphical web browsers as
in console ones (I tried using links, lynx and w3m).

As an aside the document still states:
Speakup does NOT support usb connections!

Is it still true? PS I widely prefer the asciidoc/asciidoctor format than rst,
but the choice has been done for the Linux Kernel documentation, I know...

Didier