LEDs with hardware-accelerated patterns, suspend indication

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Wed May 26 2021 - 11:30:46 EST

Hi!

We have hardware trigger for arbitrary patterns... but then we have
common hardware that can do few simple patterns but not arbitrary
ones.

Proposal:

Have a new hardware trigger "lpattern" that will allow selection of
patterns hardware can commonly provide. I guess that is "off", "on",
"blinking", "breathing". Maybe with variations like "slow" and "fast".

It should provide software fallbacks, so we have reference how the
patterns should look like and behave.

It is quite common to provide LED with charging activity.

Proposal:

Have a trigger called "charging" which would provide three
subdirectories "charged", "charging" and "discharging" with interface
similar to the new "lpattern" trigger.

It is very common to have combined LED for power and suspend.

Proposal:

Have a trigger called "sysstate" with three subdirectories "off", "on"
and "suspended", with interfaces similar to the "lpattern" trigger.

Best regards,
Pavel
--
http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek