Re: [RFC v2 26/32] x86/mm: Move force_dma_unencrypted() to common code

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu May 13 2021 - 15:38:59 EST

On 5/13/2021 10:49 AM, Dave Hansen wrote:
On 5/13/21 9:40 AM, Kuppuswamy, Sathyanarayanan wrote:
+#define PROTECTED_GUEST_BITMAP_LEN    128
+
+/* Protected Guest vendor types */
+#define GUEST_TYPE_TDX            (1)
+#define GUEST_TYPE_SEV            (2)
+
+/* Protected Guest features */
+#define MEMORY_ENCRYPTION        (20)
I was assuming we'd reuse the X86_FEATURE infrastructure somehow. Is
there a good reason not to?

This for generic code. Would be a gigantic lift and lots of refactoring to move that out.

That gives us all the compile-time optimization (via
en/disabled-features.h) and static branches for "free".

There's no user so far which is anywhere near performance critical, so that would be total overkil

BTW right now I'm not even sure we need the bitmap for anything, but I guess it doesn't hurt.

-Andi