Re: Profiling execution time for __alloc_pages_nodemask

From: Shivank Garg
Date: Wed May 12 2021 - 15:36:59 EST

>> Actually, I want to record the arguments for the memory allocator and
>> filter out the calls I don't need (which are creating noise).
>> For instance, I'm only interested in particular order and flags.

>BPF can do so too. You can either attach to kprobe or tracepoint, then
>filter out the calls by the function's parameters or tracepoint's
>fields.

Thanks Yang for the suggestion, I'll try the BPF. Anyway my problem
was solved by the filter in custom tracepoints (for instance,
tracing/events/kmem/filter).

Also, I used trace_*_enabled() to first check if tracepoint is enabled
and take ktime_get() only after that. This solved my initial issue.

Thanks David, Yang and the Linux community for helping me identify my
issue and solve it.

Best Regards,
Shivank